In 2007, we employed Sarlat architect Bernard Cariteau to draw up plans and submit building approvals for the renovation of the main house, barn and nut drying shed (sechoir aka ‘nuthouse’). An artist’s impression of the main house and barn is shown on the left.
Renovation of the second house (built 1729) and the barn (built 1797) commenced in September 2008 (the roof of the house was redone by the previous owners in 2006).
Interior demolition and laying of services and a cement slab was completed in 2008, work on masonry repairs and new openings, as well as interior walls and flooring, was carried out in 2009 and 2010.
The barn cleared out and ready for slab pouring.
After pouring of slab and sandblasting.
Kitchen, study and fireplace corner before pointing of walls.
Noam & Bernard pointing the kitchen area.
The roof comes off.
Roof back on and Bolet taking shape.
Mason’s mark on the main house